El Nido, Palawan. - My Second Leg of Summer (Day 3)

Our final tour day happens to be Denise birthday so we decided to look for breakfast where she can eat LongSiLog (Longganisa, Sinangag at Itlog), a filipino breakfast we wanted her to try. We saw there was that servings in Squiddos and aside from the fact that we know how long they served food, (us thinking since it is just a simple sinangag at itlog, it would only take a few minutes) we still decided to order and eat there. And yes, they lived up to their trademark and we almost got late for our tour.

Since we've been waiting for the food, we can't do anything but to just chat about the age we are right now. I am actually saying this here because Shei made me think about what I should be doing at 30. She said by the age of 30, I should be listing things I wanted to do and achieve for the next 10 years. It's the next thing I'm considering to blog.... my 30ish lists.

this is me on tour...



Not sure if it's a good thing but when we get to our travel and tours office, there were technical problems with the boat so we get to board a little late as well compensating the slow service of squiddos. This is Juvy teaching Denise the 3 poses of Filipino when asked for photo ops :)





Our first stop was the Hidden Beach where again just needs to snorkel, swim, explore, admire and gets unhappy with the missed opportunities to take pictures of these wonders.

Since we boarded late, we needed to stop by our lunch destination right after our first stop. I am not sure as again, I am not paying attention to Kuya Miguel, but I think it is either Colassa Beach has replaced its name to Talisay Beach or it is just that like Star Beach which we cannot visit now because of its privatization has been privated too. In other words, our lunch destination was Talisay Beach and yeeeees.... I get to picture the foooooooood.



While waiting for these foods to cook though, Juvy, Shei and I decided to create a sand cake for Denise.




It was a perfect summer birthday blow out adding more of these yummy seafood...


Did I mention how school of fish swam just right by the shore????



After eating, our next destination was the "Secret Beach". Hahaha. Does it sound redundant to you? Yeah, El Nido Islands seems to have names like hidden or secret. Secret Beach is quite challenging though, as you need to swam your way from a 14ft deep sea water and pass by a small cave like opening and reach the beachfront. This is just how far I can introduc the hidden beach. We have to swam under there to see what's waiting on the other side.




Juvy wasn't able to join us because of the water deep level and this is what all we can take for a photo since we can't bring any cameras anymore for the fear of having it fall :( (I took a mental note of investing in an underwater camera if I decided to go back in such place like El Nido, it was such a waste not to take pictures).

I thought there is nothing much to see in Montiloc shrine but an old church and a desserted house. I was wrong! Montiloc Shrine gave us a breathless top view of El Nido as we climb up to what I never thought was nothing but a rock formation. I am convinced by that time that nothing can give justice to this nature's majestic beauty but your eyes. We tried to take a picture of the view so if you find it really good, I would still recommend you to see it personally to get the best.







After Montiloc Shrine, our last destination is more of swimming and snorkeling again. Unfortunately, I felt sick as we arrive so I need to stay by the boat and rest for the headache to subside. As soon as I felt good, I opted for another photo ops. Hehe.



Denise celebration for her birthday extended to the shore of El Nido town. They went to buy egg pie for a snack again... (egg pie is that delish in midtown bakery... the only bakery around I guess) we had a quick chat by the veranda for a little while then went insidenthe room to take a quick nap before heading for dinner.

After looking for a resto, we ended up to Og's and we introduced Denise on Halabos na Hipon and Sinigang na Baboy which she liked so much. The nearby resto I think Slugs Bar or something should have been pur first choice because of the live singer but the waiter told us we can't have the food until after an hour since there are piles of order that are still pending to serve.

I sat and bitten by mosquitos as I forgot to apply insect repellant before leaving the hotel room. Awful! Much to my luck, I did got myself a pretty sunburn too!



We call it a night after and decided that it's time to head back to our room and prepare for tomorrow's going home viaje.

To Those of you who wanted to know how much it costs us for Day 3:

Tocino Meal: 160
Water: 30
Dinner: 235
Tour C: P800

Comments