Freezer Foods

I am a working momma and normally has a very challenging time making my way through home and office needs. Though I am always present to my family's needs there are things I couldn't do anymore such as lots of household chores cause I am basically inside the room when home trying to nap or watch my kdramas. Yep I am a certified korean pop and korean drama addict. (I'll try to blog about it next time)

The only thing that my husband keeps on bugging me about is to cook food for him. We hired a househelp almost 3 years now but she doesn't know how to cook decent food. My dad who is her kababayan said to bear with her as our househelp grew up in a province where they eat basic foods. My mom, who also shares help with me in running the house only knows a few dish which makes hubby a little frustrated because he eats the same food every other day. 

The hubby is quite picky on two things: FOOD and WASHED CLOTHES. 

He doesn't want to eat the same food in a day nor wants to eat it in the next day as much as possible. I will be talking about his other tantrums when I have a good word for it sometimes. hehe.

So to resolve his appetite and my time for cooking, I decided to make advance food for a few days and put it in the freezer.

<Pros> 1. The helper just need to have the food taken out from the freezer every morning so that it will thaw just before the lunch time. (Yep we are not a morning person and the hubby eats at home once a day on weekdays since he need to go to office for midshift same as I do).  2. The hubby enjoys the food. 3. I dont need to get scolded when he's hungry and needs to it.

<Cons> 1. If you forgot to have it thawed, it will be a disaster. 2. The food sometimes cooked some more due to the cold temperature and so the veggies became less more appetizing. 3. It is hard to think of dishes in one go, though it happens even if I don't try to cook it all in one day. hehe.

But regardless, this resolve his concern for food. I try to cook vegetables on the day as much as possible since it is just a quick one and the family finish the cooked ones in no time since they have to eat twice a day (lunch and dinner). They do their own snack whatever they find in the snack cabinet.

Below are some of the foods I tried cooking.





If you are wondering how I can cook this much, some I know how to cook already, some I have to find the recipes and instructions. My go to page for recipe is Panlasang Pinoy (please click to go to their page). 

Don't be afraid of seeking instructions for the food you wanted to cook. Even if I know how to cook a food I still look into some online recipe guide so I can have it perfected. I prefer the panlasang pinoy page since it is very filipino. Some mommy's feels scared whenever they see recipes they never heard before and so discourage them from cooking (that's one of my issues before when I look into pages that is not suitable for me), so you have to find your go to page or cooking book for better cooking experience.

Do you have other suggestions how I can do better housekeeping? 

Comments